Eid Al Mawlid Annabawi: Royal Pardon for 300 People
On the occasion of Eid Al Mawlid Annabawi Asharif (birth of the prophet), HM King Mohammed VI granted his pardon to 300 people, some in prison and others on bail, sentenced by the different Moroccan courts, said a statement by the Justice Ministry.
The detained beneficiaries of the royal pardon are 109 and are divided into:
- 109 inmates who had their prison terms reduced.
The beneficiaries of the royal pardon whom are on bail are 191 and are divided into:
- 36 prisoners who benefited from pardon over their remaining prison terms.
- 10 inmates who benefited from pardon over their imprisonment terms while their fines were maintained.
- 03 inmates who benefited from pardon over their prison terms and fines as well.
- 142 prisoners had their fines annulled.
Royal pardon is customary in Morocco to mark national and religious holidays.
MAP 09 November 2019