HM the King Pardons 443 People on Youth Day
On the occasion of the Youth Day, HM King Mohammed VI granted his pardon to 443 people sentenced by the different Moroccan courts, said a statement by the ministry of justice.
The detained beneficiaries of the pardon are 317 and are divided into:
- One inmate who benefited from pardon over his remaining prison term.
- 316 prisoners who had their prison terms reduced.
The free beneficiaries of the pardon are 126 and are divided into:
- 29 people who benefited from pardon over their prison terms.
- 6 inmates who benefited from pardon over their imprisonment terms while their fines were maintained.
- 7 people who benefited from pardon over their prison terms and fines as well.
- 84 people had their fines annulled.
Royal pardon is customary in Morocco to mark national and religious holidays.
MAP 20 August 2019