HM the King Pardons 683 Persons on Independence Manifesto Day
HM King Mohammed VI has pardoned 683 persons on the occasion of the Manifesto Independence Day, celebrated on January 11, Justice Ministry said in a statement.
The detained beneficiaries of the pardon are 564:
- 11 inmates benefited from the pardon over their remaining prison sentences.
- 547 prisoners had their prison terms reduced.
- 6 inmates' life sentences commuted to limited prison terms.
The free beneficiaries of the pardon are 119:
- 23 persons benefited from pardon over their imprisonment term.
- 7 people benefited from pardon over their imprisonment terms while their fines were maintained.
- 4 people benefited from pardon over their prison terms and fines.
- 85 people had their fines annulled.
Pardon is granted to a number of prisoners by the Sovereign on the occasion of religious and major national celebrations.