Independence Manifesto Day: Royal Pardon for 637 People
On the occasion of the commemoration of the Independence Manifesto Day, HM King Mohammed VI has granted his pardon to 637 people sentenced by different Moroccan courts, said a statement by the Ministry of Justice.
According to the same source, the detained beneficiaries of the pardon are 500:
- 22 inmates benefited from pardon over their remaining prison sentences.
- 473 prisoners had their prison terms reduced.
- 5 inmates' life sentence commuted to limited prison terms.
The free beneficiaries of the pardon are 137:
- 52 persons benefited from pardon over their imprisonment term.
- 5 people benefited from pardon over their imprisonment terms while their fines were maintained.
- 77 people had their fines annulled.
- 3 people benefited from pardon over their prison terms and fines.
Royal pardon is granted to a number of prisoners by the Sovereign on the occasion of religious and major national celebrations.
MAP 10 January 2022