Royal Pardon for 510 People on Occasion of Eid Al Mawlid Annabawi
On the occasion of Eid Al Mawlid Annabawi, HM King Mohammed VI has granted his pardon to 510 people sentenced by the different Moroccan courts, said a statement by the ministry of Justice.
The detained beneficiaries of the pardon are 345 and are divided into:
- 7 inmates who benefited from pardon over their remaining prison terms.
- 336 prisoners who had their prison terms reduced.
- 2 inmates who had their prison sentences commuted from life imprisonment to fixed prison terms.
The free beneficiaries of the pardon are 165 and are divided into:
- 53 people who benefited from pardon over their prison sentences or remaining prison terms.
- 12 people who benefited from pardon over their imprisonment terms while their fines were maintained.
- 93 people who had their fines annulled.
- 7 people who had both their imprisonment terms and fines annulled.
Royal pardon is customary in Morocco to mark national and religious holidays.
MAP 18 October 2021