Minister : Morocco Will Soon Take New Steps to Lift Lockdown
Morocco will soon take new steps to lift lockdown and ease the measures taken as part of the fight against the spread of Covid-19, said on Monday in Rabat Minister of the Interior, Abdelouafi Laftit.
Speaking at the House of Representatives (Lower house), Laftit stressed that by the end of the week, "we will take new steps to lift lockdown and ease the measures" taken to curb the spread of the pandemic.
On this occasion, the Minister said that the lifting of lockdown or the state of health emergency does not mean the elimination of the virus.
"We will have to live with this virus," he said, noting that health precautionary measures must be observed by all, "which will allow us to return to normal life as soon as possible."
Laftit also underlined that the purpose of the Coronavirus Pandemic Special Fund (Covid-19) is to "support people who have lost their incomes following the spread of the pandemic and not the poor," adding that nearly 6 million people have benefited from these aids.
In this regard, as part of the processing of complaints from people who have not benefited from these aids, "800,000 cases were studied and approved, in addition to another 800,000 other cases, in addition to the 4.3 million who previously benefited from them."
The Minister indicated that it is possible to transfer the bodies for burial, as of Monday, from one province to another, with the exception of the victims of COVID-19.
MAP 15 June 2020