Morocco To Start Easing Lockdown Measures on Thursday
The ministries of interior and health have announced, in a joint press release, that public authorities have decided to gradually ease lockdown measures on the basis of the epidemiological situation in each prefecture and province as of June 11, 2020.
"In order to preserve the achievements made by our country in controlling the Covid-19 pandemic, and taking into account the risk during the spread of the virus, and in order to safeguard the health of its citizens, the Council of government adopted on Tuesday June 9, 2020 Decree No. 2.20.406 extending the state of health emergency throughout the national territory for a period of one month, from June 10, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. until Friday July 10 at 6:00 p.m. in order to stop the spread of the coronavirus," the release said.
The Council also approved the provisions relating to the lifting of lockdown measures.
In this regard and with a view to preparing for the resumption of normal life and economic and social activities throughout the national territory, the public authorities have decided to implement a plan to ease lockdown measures on the basis of the epidemiological situation in each prefecture or province in a progressive manner and on several stages as of June 11, 2020.
Under this plan, the prefectures or provinces of the Kingdom have been divided into two zones according to the criteria set out by the health authorities:
I- Zone n ° 1 includes:
-Prefecture and provinces of the Oriental
-Provinces of the Beni Mellal-Khenifra region
-Provinces of the Draa-Tafilalet region
-Prefectures and provinces of the Souss-Massa region
-Provinces of the Guelmim-Oued Noun region
-Provinces of the region of Laayoune-Sakia El Hamra
-Provinces of Dakhla-Oued Ed-Dahab
-Prefecture of M’diq-Fnideq
-Province of Tétouan
-Province of Fahs-Anjra
-Province of Al-Hoceima
-Province of Chefchaouen
-Province of Ouezzane
-Prefecture of Meknes
-Province of Moulay Yaacoub
-Province of Sefrou
-Province of Boulmane
-Province of Taounate
-Province of Taza
-Province of Khemisset
-Sidi Kacem Province
-Province of Sidi Slimane
-Province of Settat
-Province of Sidi Bennour
-Province of Al-Haouz
-Province el Kelaa of Sraghna
-Province of Safi
-Province of Youssoufia
2. Zone n ° 2:
-Prefecture of Tangier-Assilah
-Prefecture of Fez
-El Hajeb Province
-Prefecture of Rabat
-Prefecture of Skhirate-Temara
-Province of Kenitra
-Prefecture of Casablanca
-Prefecture of Mohammedia
-Province of El Jadida
-Province of Mediouna
-Province of Benslimane
-Prefecture of Marrakech
The gradual transition from one stage to another within the framework of the plan to ease lockdown measures will be subject to an assessment of the measures to be implemented and the conditions required of each prefecture and province. This assessment will be carried out through monitoring and follow-up commissions, chaired by governors and walis and composed of representatives from the Ministry of Health, the external services of the concerned ministerial departments and the security services.
Thus, the prefectures and provinces will be the subject of a weekly classification on the basis of criteria set out by the health authorities.
In order to ensure the success of the plan to ease lockdown measures, and to avoid the emergence of new hotspots of the virus or its spread in different places or in areas previously Covid-19-free, the public authorities urge all citizens to continue to strictly comply with all precautionary measures and the health measures in force (wearing masks, social distancing, etc.)
During the first phase, which begins on June 11, 2020, the health lockdown measures will be as follows:
A- Resumption of economic activities at the national level:
- Industrial activities;
- Commercial activities;
- Craft activities;
- Local activities and small local businesses;
- Local commerce;
- Liberal and similar professions;
-Reopening of weekly souks.
The activities which will be excluded from this list are: restaurants and cafes with on-site drinks, hammams, cinemas and theaters, etc.
B. Easing restrictions in Zone 1:
- Go out without the need for a special authorization to move within the territorial perimeter of the prefecture or the province;
- Resumption of urban public transport while not exceeding 50% of the carrying capacity;
- Freedom of movement within the territorial perimeter of the place of residence, without the obligation of having an authorization (by simply presenting the National Electronic Identity Card);
- Reopening of hairdressing salons and beauty salons while not exceeding 50% of the reception capacity;
- Reopening of public outdoor spaces (walks, gardens, public places, etc.);
- Resumption of individual sports activities (walking, bikes ... etc);
- Maintain all other restrictions decreed during the state of health emergency (ban of gatherings, meetings, wedding parties, funerals, etc.);
C- Easing restrictions in Zone 2:
- Obligation to have an exceptional authorization to move out of home;
- Closure of shops at 8:00 p.m.
- Resumption of urban public transport without exceeding 50% of the carrying capacity;
- Maintain all other restrictions imposed during the state of health emergency (ban of gatherings, meetings, wedding parties, funerals, etc.). "
MAP 10 June 2020